Friday, June 15, 2012

Being what he's being.



Calvin and a friend providing new challenges for the makers of stain remover.



 Impishness is in the DNA here.



Calvin, it must be said, is thriving at preschool this year.  He gets a level of structure there that I am unable (and unwilling) to provide at home, and it does him so much good.  He even takes naps there, something he would no more consider doing at home than he would eat a plate full of vegetables.  Ain't happening.

I have often said that if I were good at providing a change of structured activity at 15 minute intervals I would be a preschool teacher myself, and friends, I am just not good at it.  My kids understand this about me, I think, and are trying to live around it.  We all are.  I often wish I had a different kind of energy with them, one that was more complimentary more of the time to their personalities. And we're not constantly at odds, of course, but the differences between their energy and mine mandate that we have part time preschool.

As Audrey said the other day, "It's just being what it's being."

No comments: