Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saoirse and Audrey at Hanuman's Munj


These delightful young women are attending the Munj (thread ceremony) of Saoirse's older brother, Han, whom we've known basically all his life-- I think Scott was officially the first visitor who burst in on Han's parents at Mt Auburn after Han was born.

We were very pleased indeed to be at the event with Han's family and friends from all over-- Toronto! California! Greater Arlington! And it was one of Calvin's first trips out of the house after The Scootering Event so just breathing air outside my own living room was good.

If you don't know what a Munj is about, as I didn't until Han's came about, you can read more here.  It's kind of like a Hindi bar mitzvah? That's culturally cloddish of me to say, I know-- but we WASPS don't have a tradition to compare. I wish we did.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sweet picture!! Audrey's little gown is lovely, too. A great experience for her.