Sunday, July 20, 2008

Library at Monhegan Island


I really wanted to see the library at Monhegan Island because I knew it had been put together by a Simmons alumna, someone who is now over 100 years old and, coincidentally, is also named Ruth just like my buddy here in the yellow t-shirt. The library was an absolutely beautiful, charming building with a card catalogue still in use.

Why is little Ruth wearing such a huge t-shirt, you ask? Well, I won't tell you the whole story but I will say that it's a good thing they sell shirts on the island because when it's rough water all the way over on the ferry, people can start to feel kind of seasick and, well... bad things may happen to the clothes you were wearing when you boarded the ferry. That's why it's always good to travel with a lot of baby wipes, zip lock bags and some extra cash.

No comments: