Saturday, July 26, 2008

Jagged Little Teeth




No mistake this time. Chickpea has two bumpy little teeth pushing through her lower gum, and she is wicked cranky today. Right now, she is in the car with Scott on the way to Home Depot where they are going to have some daddy-daughter quality time (so says Scott) and I am going to have some at-least-I-can-drink-this-cold-coffee-in-peace time. I've just stashed two damp washcloths in the freezer for her, so she can have them when they get back. Although that might be a while, since I told Scott to return home with a sleeping child or not at all. Okay, I didn't really say that. But we did have a talk in the car just now about revising our sleep plans (again.) Don't worry, I won't give details. I will only say that I deeply regret our recent back-slide into nursing-to-sleep. What a gigantic mistake.

Scott is probably in the lumber aisle right now letting her chomp on some press board or practice her fine motor skills on the trigger of a staple gun.

The photos above were taken after we gave her a corn cob to chew on last night. The stuff on her bib that looks like fountain pen ink is actually just blueberries

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why can't someone just invent baby dentures? We'll forego teeth altogether, affix dentures before meals, and call it good! (As you can see, there are some developmental stages I'm just not looking forward to.)