Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Take a memo, Miss Honeybee!


She found a pen and pad of paper today, and sat down and made frantic scribbling motions with the (capped, thank heavens) pen.

You know what's weird about living with a small child? It's not just that she goes everywhere I go (I am seldom alone anymore except in the shower, and she's been known to bust in on me there as well). It's that she's always doing these little imitations of me. Writing. Talking on the phone. Dancing. Of course, a lot of this we encourage, but it's those moments when she copies some very minuscule gesture, like waving in a certain way, that I feel sort of... spied upon. It's an excellent reminder that I must really pay attention to the way I behave, because she's watching. And learning. And taking notes for her stand-up routine, "Mother-- The First Year."

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Audrey has a great example to aspire to. But yes, it's a reminder to watch your language. And other things.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she's starting her "Big Words List" like her Mommy had as soon as she started talking... And perhaps by the time Audrey's in second grade she will be ready for poetry and creative writing!

Anonymous said...

Mimi said...

Surely, Audrey is making her list for Santa.