Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I am forced to learn how to use my camera phone


Scott has the camera with him this week in CA, so I had to actually figure out this new-fangled camera phone. And-- bonus round!- I even worked out how to send myself the image, although I can't claim to have worked this out on my own-- a friend told me how.

Two days of rain, so I got out the train set that I've kept hidden in the closet for just such an emergency and let Audrey spread the 10,000 different pieces all across the living room, dining room, and kitchen. I'll make no secret of the fact that I prefer children's toys that have only one or two main pieces, and do no sing, but I'm also learning to appreciate that a new and complicated toy can be a life-saver when there's no going to the playground.

Yesterday Audrey said to me, with a sad shake of her head and a sigh, "Daddy not home." Yeah.... I miss him too.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

You've got a pretty great phone. Scott's in CA? If he's anywhere near my neck of the woods, I can offer him a substitute homemade meal. Tell him to give me a call. Wish you'd recorded Audrey missing her daddy--very cute, what she said. Hugs to you both!

-Ellen