Friday, April 15, 2011

Duh Boids: Calvin works on his English





"More. Now. Again." (accompanied by sign of index finger jabbing into palm. to indicate food, music, books, anything)

"Cracker!" (Scott said this week that although man cannot live by bread alone, Calvin is giving it a try.)

"Ah-ME!" (mine, I want some, give me that, let me do it)

"Help me! Help me!" (whenever he's being pulled off or out of or away from something)

"Kitty" (any object of desire but especially his blanket. We trace this to Audrey's treasured "kitty." Calvin has made it an all-purpose term of endearment.)

"TWO!" (more than one. many. the desired quantity.)

Cat (dog or cat, skunk or squirrel)

Hati (elephant. Calvin speaks Hindi!)

"Boid." (self-explanatory)

And now for mother's self-congratulatory favorites:

"DANK-oo, Mama."

"Peeeesh."

And winner for all around Mommy-blogger, gosh-darned-if-it-didn't-make-you-gag adorable:

I said to him this morning, "Yes, exactly!" when he brought me his two shoes to put on, and he smiled and said, "Yeah! A-wacky!"

I promptly died of delight.




4 comments:

Ellen said...

Calvin's gotten so big! Love the trains on his sweater. You're enjoying all the stuff of life now between having both a girl and a boy--can't wait for the stories of how Cal likes to get himself dirty, and makes vroom-vroom noises, and loves trucks and trains and all things mechanical. Smoosh him so he can't grow any bigger, now, would you?

Mimi and PopPop said...

Super post!!! Treasure this time in his development. There will be something new every day...as you already know from Audrey. We wish we were close by to experience some of this first hand.

Happy Easter and love to all of you.

Mom said...

Calvin's speech reminds me of the way Janna used to talk- just a word or sound for a variety of things. Like "Dat!" for I want this, give it to me, etc. Ditto for what Mimi and PopPop say- this is a truly precious time, and will go by so quickly.

Adoring Dad said...

When I went in to get Calvin out of his crib this morning, he gave me a big smile, threw his arms in the air for me to pick him up, and greeted me with "Kitty!" He calls me daddy plenty, too, but I'll take "kitty" if its what's being offered at the moment.

Also, "Dank-ooo, Mama" applies to anyone that needs to be thanked, Mama or otherwise.
-Scott