Thursday, May 26, 2011

Reading, chalking and looking for trucks with Gramma Jean

We're all about Gramma, of course, but Dad coming home from his trip is also headlining tonight. And Gramma Jean is willing to stay outside and supervise chalking!

Is that the mail truck? Wait... I think it's Fed Ex. No! Call the papers! It's the men in brown! UPS! Gramma, if the street sweeper drives by after this I'll be so psyched I'm going to, like, need a diaper change. This is just incredible.

Gramma, I have to tell you that although the ninth and tenth readings today of The Big Orange Splot really had energy, this eleventh reading is taking it to a whole new level for me. You are totally making it your OWN! Love it, love it.

3 comments:

Mom said...

How I wish we had a photo record of my kite flying adventure with Audrey! One of my favorite memories. But I definitely got hooked on chalking, reading, chasing monsters up and down in the yard and on the front porch, and truck-spotting. Now I look forward to your beach pictures!

Mimi and PopPop said...

We're jealous! We're jealous! Not really, we are glad that Audry, Calvin, and Gramma Jean got to spend some quality time together. Can't wait till later when we are better able to travel. Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Joyce Fikkan (Nanu) said...

Hi sweet Arlingtonians!! We, too, are loving all the pics and stories. So glad the extended family is able to get up there fairly regularly. I would love Audrey's help right now as I enjoy watching my big raised flower beds facing the house/river bloom and grow like crazy, while I try to keep the weeds at bay. And my little tomato plants and peppers are doing well in the backyard. We have so many wonderful birds this spring, more than I ever remember. It's heaven, almost...what would make it so is to have all four of our darling grandchildren here, too. ~Tons of hugs and love, Nanu