Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Overheard: By the hair of our chinny chin chins

In the car on the way home from preschool, Audrey and Calvin discuss the "Three Little Pigs" enactment performed by Audrey's class. Audrey suggests that we have another performance at home and that she will play the wolf.

Calvin: "No, Audrey. You're not the wolf. I am the wolf."
Audrey: "O.K. I'll tell you what to say."
Calvin: "No. I tell myself what to say. I say, "Hello. I am the wolf."

In further discussion Audrey determines that because we have only three available actors our production will include a subplot about the third little pig being on a business trip at the time of the story.

Tomorrow morning Audrey will be doing her part to advance science by taking part in some grad student psychology research at Harvard (I have a soft spot for those earnestly trying to acquire enough data to just get their thesis done already). When I told her that they would be studying her to find out how she learns new skills she looked at me quizzically and said, "I could just tell them."

But she has agreed to play along, moving the colored blocks around or wearing the little beanie with wires on it or whatever it is they want to do, since they don't have the common sense to just ask.


1 comment:

Mom said...

I can't wait to hear Audrey's report on how the Harvard experiments went.

And how did the Little Pigs home play go?

This "Overheard" essay is priceless!