Saturday, September 20, 2008

Clap. Stomp. Scream. Mark-it-with-a-B.



I'll tell you what: keeping up with this blog is not as easy as it used to be. Until a couple of months ago, I could set Audrey down sometimes and work on my laptop while she played (and until quite recently, playing could be as simple as watching the ceiling fan). Now, if Audrey and the laptop are in the same room, I have to have the laptop held over my head as if I were protecting it from flood waters, because she will get her hands on the power cord or the keys. She loves buttons. And she loves to do what I do, whether that's hand clapping or typing or drinking from a cup.

If having a newborn is like having a sea cucumber for a pet, having a one-year-old is like having a pet chimpanzee. She imitates everything we do, and even though that is evidence of no special brilliance on her part, we like to think it is.

But I have a lot less time to sit quietly and post pictures. Friends with more than one child say that this is totally normal, and that if I ever have a second child, I will have almost no photos of him/her at all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If Audrey has a particular gene from Scott you might find her standing on a window sill and clutching to the curtain rod. Mimi witnessed this scene in Pine Bluff, AR with toddler Scott as the climber...without safety devices of course. The window perch had to be attained from the bed, up the headboard and onto the sill. And he had only been out of sight briefly. Be prepared!! You will survive and relish these memories. Remember some parents have twins, triplets, quads...

Mimi and PopPop

Anonymous said...

http://www.kneebouncers.com/

Computer fun for very small children. Might want to plug a regular keyboard into the laptop.