Sunday, September 28, 2008

Beep-beep, beep-beep, yeah!



Audrey is winding down for the day by driving around the living room in circles, lurching and crashing into walls. Scott made a quiet comparison to my driving, and then looked away fast when I turned to give him my Death Stare. We danced to some Louis Armstrong, and then a little Moby. Now she's babbling a blue streak-- today the new sound of choice is a "th" sound.

But back to this whole topic of driving. I would wish for my daughter that she never drive like I drive, like a nervous, crazy grandma. And that she learn to drive, for heaven's sake, before she's almost 30. I want her to learn while she's still young enough to feel invincible, and to have that confidence tempered by a healthy fear of what will happen if she wrecks mom and dad's car.

Big week coming up: Grandma Jean is visiting and Audrey turns ONE on Wednesday. I plan to post many photos and clever musings. And somehow this week I will find extra time, between the sofa cushions, with all the loose change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It really sounded like she said "crash-a" when the little cart hit the gate! Happy birthday, Audrey!