Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A little bit of a lot: A new year's post in which I have a cow. Supposedly.





"A little bit of a lot" is Audrey's latest turn-of-phrase and an apt title for my post-holiday entry-- perhaps this entire blog given that my entries have become so rushed and so few. We hereby resolve to do better in 2011.

Signs of a theme I hope will develop this year: as I write this, Calvin is in the living room looking at (I won't say "reading") board books. And by the time I finished typing that sentence he was in the kitchen shouting "Reeeeeeeeeeeeee!" and hitting me in the kneecaps with those books. But still. Progress? Yes!

Let's get to the photos. No matter what I do today I can't get these to upload in the order that I want, and I can't rotate the sideways photo of Audrey. I'm sorry. If it's technical ability you're looking for, you are on the wrong blog. One photo is the kids with their Santa haul, an easel for Audrey and a rocking moose for Calvin. Then Audrey in her princess dress ("Sleepy Beauty") from Aunt Janna, accessorized with Hello Kitty purse. And Audrey posing modestly with her Gingerbread House, constructed with a bit of help from Scott and his OCD, uhm, I mean, his engineering skills.

And last but not least, our Overheard column:

When Scott does the shopping he sometimes comes home with items like chocolate brownie mix, which don't fit my Homemade-Yogurt-and Granola-With-Wheat-Germ ethos, and Scott knows it. He may have said something to this effect at the store, within earshot of his short shopping companion. Back home, she showed me what they'd purchased. Bananas for Calvin. Tea for Daddy. "And this," she said holding up the brownie mix, "is to make YOU have a COW!"










2 comments:

Ellen said...

Kris, I love hearing all your anecdotes--each one! Funny how family changes a couple. I'm sure Scott had to do a lot of baking to make up for that aside. Looks like the kids had a great Christmas. What fun to see.

Mom said...

Did you make any gingerbread men to live in the gingerbread house? I love these pictures!! The princess dress fits perfectly, and Calvin looks like a little hero on his rocking moose. How I wish I could be there! Stay just as you are- don't grow an inch, don't change, until I get there in May. I miss you!!