Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow piles grow, sanity erodes for Arlington family





We are socked in by snow. Again! And there's an even bigger storm coming tomorrow. I simply don't know where we, or any of our neighbors or anyone in this quadrant of the country for that matter, is going to pile more snow. I'd like it if everyone could be safe at home, but I'd also like it if the kids weren't so penned up and bored. I've relaxed pretty much all of my rules for indoor play. Go ahead, run up and down! Pull all the cushions off the couch and build Fort Knox with them! Watch a little more (wince) t.v. (Hey, it's PBS, okay?) Eat the crayons. Scatter the crackers on the floor. Stand on your head. Stand on MY head. It's a snow emergency.

Frequently Asked Snow-Day Questions:
Is Daddy coming home yet?
Will school be closed again tomorrow?
What's for dinner?

Answers:
Soon as he can, I hope.
Probably.
Your guess is as good as mine.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I just love the last picture, of Audrey making a face and Calvin peeking over the edge of the table. Reminds me of a picture I have of little Kristen and Janna, in dress-up clothes and making faces...standing under a framed needlework done by MY mother, with a remark about how our kids make us crazy.... It runs in the family.