Monday, June 9, 2008

First entry of the real summer (in which I whine about how hot it is...)

Okay, okay-- no whining (but it is really hot in our house. Truly. I think our thermostat must be set on "High Broil.") Here are some pictures of Audrey in her summer wardrobe. And one picture in which we captured her newest trick: waving. She often waves when she hears Scott coming into the house at the end of the day, which melts him, as you can imagine. It's this wild, arm-flailing, joyful, out-of-control gesture. But when we prompt her to wave for other people so they can see it, she just stares, as if we have fabricated the whole thing.

Anyway. I'd better just post these photos before the computer overheats.




Until now you thought it was a figment of our imagination-- but look! It's real waving! It is!!!

Flop on pop.

3 comments:

Nora Flood said...

Okay. I've been reading the Chickpea Central blog for a while to see how Miss Audrey is coming along, and to keep tabs on how you are doing, Kris. I finally have to fess up...Molly and I think that Audrey is the CUTEST baby we've seen in a long while (and with quite a few friends having babies in the last few years, that's saying something!). I'll try not to linger too long on how jealous we are, but boy, you two are lucky as hell to have such a cutie-patootie.

Hope we can meet her someday.

--Kate

K said...

Thank you, Kate-- how lovely to hear from you! We listen to her Legume Mix from you guys regularly. Thank you for thinking she is cute-- we do, too. I secretly enjoy taking her grocery shopping around midday when lots of old women can admire her. They love it that she has a name they actually recognize.

When I'm not feeling lucky to be her mother, I'm feeling panic at all of the things I could screw up for her. I try to focus on luck.

GooberMonkey said...

I love the one of her asleep on Scott. So precious...