Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gonzo's Games



Gone are the days when Audrey thought that lying on her back watching the ceiling fan was a facinating pastime. Now she likes to play. Here are her two favorite games. Parents: you may recognize these classics.

Game #1
A simple game of strategy, in which Audrey drops an object-- toy, spoon, washcloth, digital camera, what-have-you-- onto the floor from her highchair, and Mom leans down to pick it up. Audrey drops the object again. Mom picks it up. Audrey drops. Mom picks up. Drop. Pick up. Drop. Pick up. Drop. Pick up. Drop. Pick up. Drop. Pick up. Drop. Pick up. Drop. Pick up. Drop. Pick up. Drop. Pick up. Drop. Pick up. Drop. Pick up. Drop. Pick up. Drop. Pick up....

And it you get tired of that one, there's always...

Game #2
Another brain teaser, in which Audrey pulls all of her toys out of the plastic bin on the living room floor and Mom puts them all back in. Audrey dumps the toys back out. Mom puts them in. Audrey tips them out. Mom puts them in. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In.

Got that? Good. Oh, and if anyone's wondering what happened to her hair? I attempted to trim her bangs just a little and achieved this "Fraggle Rock" look by accident. Scott took one look at her and said, "Please don't give her any more gonzo haircuts, okay?"

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Is she stuffing her binkie up her nose or in her mouth? Very cute (but weird) photo.

BTW, I like the haircut. I consider it character.

K said...

I'm not entirely sure what she's doing with the pacifier. She doesn't use one, typically, but last night she took a shine to it and began gnawing. She doesn't know which part of the binkie goes in her mouth, though.

Thank you for your kind words about her hair. I was feeling really bad about doing that to her!

Miranda said...

Greetings Kris,
I check Chickpea Central daily and I have enjoyed watching Audrey getting bigger and cuter everyday! I would love to get together and have lunch one day soon.

Rene

K said...

Rene, I'd love to see you, too! I think I have your cell phone number. I'll be in touch!

Kris

Unknown said...

I'm fine with the hair cut..babies should not have to put up with hair in their eyes as you often see.

Game 2 carries over to the grandkids. Whatever they are looking for is on the bottom. Universal Law: Toy boxes will be empied!!!

Love,
Mimi and Pop Pop

Unknown said...

I am fine with the haircut. I have always felt sorry for babies that must to put up with hair in their eyes.

Game 2 is carried on way beyond Audrey's current age...as late as age 8. The grandkids know their favorite toy is on the bottom of the toy box so the box must be empied at first touch. This is universally observed.

Love, PopPop