Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gramma Jean's Chickpea Fix

My mom says she needs more pictures, stat. Here you go, mom. I don't have any video clips short enough to upload today; when I try to upload longer clips, Chapman (my laptop) breaks out in hives.

Yeah, I called the help-desk for that diagnosis. Anyway, here are the pictures.

Cleaning out cupboards while Mom cooks. Makes that tries to cook. Is there a school of cooking where you prepare the food in 20-30 second bursts and then let the food "rest" while you pull your toddler out of the crisper bin?

Spats! Audrey got new shoes this week to fit her growing, walking feet. The other pair are chickens and even your tough, unsentimental correspondent thinks they are unbearably cute.

Trying on winter gear. We tried to go for a short hike in the Fells after I wrestled her into this, and she basically cried the entire time. A woman who was walking her dogs on the trail came up to see what was wrong-- said (kindly) that her dogs were very worried by the sounds of human wailing.

And a monkey hat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you...I'm addicted!!

Ellen said...

What growing, stretching toddler just learning how to move WOULD like being swaddled up in tight puffy winter gear? It's just plain constricting. I hear you, Audrey! I feel the same way about winter.