Monday, December 7, 2009

Calvin is one month old, and we're hanging in there.

I was trying to take a picture of myself and my two kids, but there were two significant snags. I can't hold the camera properly in one hand, and Audrey is only interested in the side of the camera in which she can already see images of herself.

My boys on the couch.


Month 1. We thought one was a lot of work-- and it was, compared to not having any. But two? If having Audrey taught us to be a little bit more patient, a little bit more in-the-now, then having two kids, if we actually survive it, is going to make us Zen Masters.

I want to write pages and pages and the first month for all of us with Calvin, but I'm just too tired.. It's 9:30 and I'm going to bed. Long story short: we love Calvin, all of us, madly. He's a joy. And having two children is kicking our butts.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Mmm... Should I try and back out now? We can't wait to meet Calvin - he's adorable and Brady loves looking at his pictures and watching Audrey have fun with her grandma (dancing). Here's to more sleep for everyone!

Mom said...

I know how hard this first year is- and it wasn't even as challenging for me! I had both of you in the summertime, we had a one-story house, and our dear "Jerry Mom." This old "Gramma" is standing by to come for a longer visit to help if I can- even just doing laundry duty or some"one on one" defense. I have some dancing left in me, storybook reading, baby holding, playground duty.... ;-)