Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cover Your Ears

I am so fed up with trying to potty train a reluctant, but perfectly capable child. It just makes me batty to be changing to diapers of two children, and today I am finding no Zen-like calm from the idea-- the reality-- that I will simply have to relax and wait until Audrey is ready. I AM READY. I have told Audrey that the store is all out of diapers, the washing machine is broken, and also that I am not going to change any more of her diapers, as of today, so she'll have to either use the potty or spend the rest of her life in the poopy diaper she is currently wearing.

Patience has never been my strong suit.

In a few hours I will calm down-- probably-- and change many more diapers for my toddler who is now so tall her legs literally hang off the end of the changing table. But right now I heartily resent it. Better to refrain from commenting on this post; I'm really just too riled up for sympathy or disagreements of any kind. I am kind of enjoying typing into the void all this pent up frustration.

Phew. Okay. I am better now. Back to the drawing-- I mean the changing-- board.


No comments: