Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Kitchen Still-Life


I have a really good explanation for this. I do.

It's just that we ran out of tissue for Audrey's perpetually runny nose, so that explains the toilet paper-- normal, right?-- but when I came across this little scene on the kitchen counter, I heard two different voices in my head reporting back on it. The first one said, calmly, "Oh, hey, maybe I ought to put the toilet paper roll somewhere else. That's not so appealing seeing it next to the cookware and the dish drainer." And the other voice said, "How long is my sentence here, and might I get some time off for good behavior?"

I'll just go put the dishes away now.


1 comment:

Mom said...

You know what I see? A very clean counter, and a shining saucepan! It's all in the eyes of the beholder.
These days the most important thing to focus on is getting whatever rest you can. Let the strange still life arrangements pile up ;-)