Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What goes without saying


While making plans with a friend for a late after-the-kids-are-in-bed dinner over e-mail, I footnoted that my plans only had about 80% certainty, because of Scott's work and the possibility of someone getting sick, etc. My friend reminded me that this hardly needs to be underlined between the parents of young children. Of course plans may be dashed at any time. Spelling it out is kind of like saying, "I'll meet you for coffee, unless it rains or I get into a wreck or I spontaneously combust on the way there."

Here is a picture of Calvin, who doesn't get as many pictures on the blog because secretly (ha! the secrecy of a blog!) I am sympathetic to my older child's fear of being overshadowed. Calvin's wearing socks on his hands a lot of the time lately to prevent him from scratching at his allergy-irriated skin, but we try to give him "free hands" time to practice handling toys and pulling our hair and pinching us. His grip is powerful: the other day he nearly took off Scott's eyelid.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

How old is Bonzo now? Over six months, right? He's getting so big! I think he'll have to equal Audrey in size and then some before he'll ever manage to overshadow her.