Tuesday, March 1, 2011

And the final word goes to...

No surprises here: Audrey. For outstanding performance in the role of contrarian, nay-sayer and all-around Refusenik.

Here's the excerpt from the award ceremonies in case you missed them:

Scott: (tucking Audrey into bed after a particularly contentious bedtime): Good night, Audrey. I love you. Sleep well.

Audrey: I won't!

In a supporting role leading up to this star performance, Audrey responded to the gentle suggestion of our GPS to turn left by saying, "No! We will not!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It used to be that when I would tell Audrey that I love her, she would respond with "Too! Too! Too! Too! ....," which was her escalation beyond the simple "I love you, too." The sentimentality balance has shifted a bit in recent weeks, though. To wit, while tucking Audrey to bed a few nights ago, we had the following exchange:

Me: I love you, Audrey.
Audrey: I love you, too, Dad.
Me: I love you so much. You are my favorite, favorite, favorite little girl in ...
Audrey: (breaking in) Good night, Dad!

-Audrey's Doting Dad

Mom said...

If this isn't a good example of those old cliches "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree," and "Like mother like daughter," I don't know what is. That's all I'll say ;-) Wonder what MY mother would have said about me....

evilegge