Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mama's little baby is a Two Year-Old now!


Audrey celebrated her second birthday today with her friends in the Thursday morning play-group we are part of. Because who doesn't want chocolate cake at 9:30 in the morning?

Little bit of an embarrassing moment when Audrey, fueled in devilment by chocolate frosting, got into my friend Kate's sugar bowl in the kitchen and ate a few handfuls of it before dumping the rest on the floor. Thanks, Audrey. Way to get us invited back again. (Note to self: don't go anywhere without the dust-buster anymore.)

I am just a little two tired and too frazzled today to compose the sort of thoughtful message that I did last year, at the turning of her first year. Sign of the new era, right? I will just leave you with Audrey's first words when she woke up this morning, on her second birthday.

Get ready, this is a real tear jerker, at least it was for me...

Are you sure you're ready? Because this made me want to sit right down and weep tears of joy....

The words were: "Audrey needs to use the potty."

And then she did.

Atta girl! Yes!!

I know, I've just consigned us to five more years of diapers because I bragged about it. Well, I don't care.

1 comment:

Mimi and PopPop said...

Can't believe our baby is two! She suddenly went from baby to little girl.

Here's wishing you a year of "atta girl, way to go" with the potty training.

Anxiously awaiting our December visit.

Love to all,
Mimi and PopPop