Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A travelin' man

You might have thought that both my kids, and my husband, have red irises. That's just the bad, bad photography. Here you can see Calvin's deep blue dreamy eyes. He's a little small for the front seat of the Phil-and-Ted's "fancy stroller" that we bought, but since we were on our way to get Audrey from nursery school, he got to ride up front for a while. Audrey was quick to tell him that his regular ride will be in the rumble seat behind hers.

It has stopped raining, at last. And the basement, or should I say in-ground pool, is draining. Still a lot of mucking out to do down there, but I'm no longer making panicked calls to plumbers and the gas company. I'm waiting to find out when the awards ceremony will be for the Keeping Your Cool, Mostly, In a Crisis Award (with help from friends and qualified professionals-- thank you, Sarah!!)

Funniest moment of a not so funny day: Audrey said, "Mommy, why those guys pumping in our basement?" And I realized that the only kind of pump she's ever seen or heard about is a breast pump. She thought they were down there with their trusty Medela's, just like mom, removing the flood waters five ounces at a time and placing each serving in a freezer safe zip-lock bag.

Today Audrey tested her new sidewalk chalk on the patio. Sun was shining and the crocuses are up. We made it.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Yay for spring and sidewalk chalk!

Unknown said...

I can't WAIT to see you in a couple of weeks!!!!!(Well, I suppose I have to wait, but I'm very excited.)