Thursday, May 8, 2008

I think David Lee Roth said it best... Might as well JUMP! Go ahead: JUMP!






Man, does she ever love the Jumpster. Lord help us when she finds out about bungee jumping.

Because Scott is away and likes to hear about what we're doing back at the ranch, I offer this little sampling of our day: I was running low on baby food so I decided to let Audrey try a new taste sensation-- spinach! Emerald green organic goodness, right? So I boiled up a bunch of it and pureed it with my handy immersion blender (best kitchen tool on the planet) and the result looked, well... totally disgusting. The word that came immediately to mind was "bilious," a word I've never actually used before so I had to go look it up to determine if it right to describe the evil, dark green hue of pureed spinach. Turns out, it is. Look it up if you're curious. Audrey will never eat this, I thought to myself. But I'd made a whole pot full, so I poured a little bit for her, and some for me as well because-- fair's fair-- if I'm going to make her eat it...

I need not have worried about her reaction. She took a hesitant first taste, regarded me quietly for a moment, then swallowed and opened her mouth for more. We both ate all our spinach, only I cheated and added salt and pepper and a little hot sauce to mine.

No comments: