Friday, May 16, 2008

Why wait for take-out, when you can eat the menu right now?


She is lightning fast, and cunning. Yesterday I put her in the Exersaucer in the kitchen while I washed a few dishes, and in the time it took me to scrub one pot, she got a hold of our take-out menus, which are pinned to the refrigerator with a magnetic clip, and she took sizable bites from of several of them. I still cannot figure out how she managed to reach out and across a space longer than her body to get the menus. This maneuver must have involved climbing nearly all the way out of the Exersaucer and balancing on her stomach on the edge. By the time I turned around-- to the sound of her coughing-- she was back in her seat, munching. And she did not want to let go of that delicious mouthful of wood pulp and ink-- no, sir! I had to pry it out, one mashed up bit at a time.

Lesson learned. Clear all detritus from the three feet directly above the floor.

Life as we know it is over. Again.

No comments: