Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Seattle Series: In which Audrey and her Aunt Janna grow closer

The living room floor of the house in Sequim was a convenient place to leave my child unattended. Relatives happened upon Audrey here and stopped to entertain her. Here, Audrey and Janna spend some happy floor time together.



Please, please... there's enough of me to go around. Don't crowd.


Janna, Audrey and Kris on the Kingston/Edmonds Ferry. Fond memories for us. I hope Audrey will like riding the ferry as much as we do. In this picture she looks more bemused than enthused.

Watching Audrey and her Aunt Janna together this week, I could see the future clearly. Audrey is fifteen, and furious with me about everything. After she has slammed her bedroom door, yelling, "You just don't understand me, mother!" she will pick up the cell phone that I have paid for and call... her Aunt Janna. I am confident that Janna's counsel, backed as it is with a doctorate in psychology, will be sound and wise. Not that I will be too happy about the door slamming and the yelling. Oh, no, young lady... I will not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.