Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Snapshots from our week of firsts


First real ride in the backpack, outside of the house, that is. In sum, she likes the improved view and mobility and Mom and I were able to make it relatively comfortable for the pack wearer, after adjusting all 900 straps on this thing. The pack is hand-me-down, so we're doing this without benefit of a manual-- added challenge! Mom is here from New Mexico all week and she and Audrey are inseparable pals. It's nice that Mom is here right now because Audrey is just on the edge of that touchy, stranger-danger phase I have been dreading. She now seems to care very much if I leave the room too suddenly, or if I appear and don't offer to pick her up. Luckily, her memory is short and if she doesn't see me leave the room: no tears. And she's still having hours of fun with Gramma Jean at her beck and call.


Here's a much simpler design-- the bucket baby swing. She tried out two of these this week, one in Cambridge and one in Arlington. Big laughs and smiles. The beginnings of her love of playgrounds. Guess where we'll be spending all of summer 2009?

No comments: