Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thank you for checking in-- we DO have some new photos today!




Sorry we've haven't posted anything this week for our readership in the greater Durham-Ardmore-Dallas-Cashmere-Shreveport-Las Cruces area. It's been, you know, busy. Days, whole weeks, even the months seem to fly by. I wish I could report that this was the week Audrey finally started some semblance of a napping routine, but that remains a part of my fantasy life and not our real life. I also wish I could say that my reading finally yielded something more useful than, "You should have a soothing naptime routine." (Yeah, thanks-- could have worked that one out on my own, but I'm so glad I now have another book confirming it!!)
But wait! I wasn't going to gripe in this post. I was going to say that we had a really great visit with my Mom, and it was wonderful to watch her and Audrey enjoying their time together. It has reminded us to plan visits for all of the rest of you, soon, and to make sure that her grandparents are here often. She loves the adoration. And we love our families very much.

3 comments:

GooberMonkey said...

LOL. I'm xuurently engaged in a "no really, you will sleep longer than twenty minutes at a time" weekend with my son. I'm mixing it up a bit, since our old babywearing routine wasn't getting us where it used to. A little baby yoga, plus singing and shushing, followed by at least forty minutes of being held by mom with pacifier at the ready, and we've had success...who knew naps could be so much more challenging than nighttime zzzzzs!

K said...

If Audrey slept at night as poorly as she naps, she would already have been sold to the circus as a really tiny lion tamer, or a clown-car driver. Luckily for her, she's only waking once or twice a night, usually.

But we keep the Barnum and Bailey show calender above her crib, as a warning.

GooberMonkey said...

LOL