Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Just a trim.


So, in a burst of springtime enthusiasm (and in an effort to avoid some boring tasks inside) Scott went out into the extensive formal gardens surrounding Hacienda Willcox and did some raking and pruning. This sticker bush on the corner of the front lawn, so named for the wickedly sharp thorns all over it, got more than a little spruce up. When Scott came back in the house he said to me, "I think I might have killed the sticker bush." "Not possible," I said. "That thing is tenacious, and anyway, it's classified as an invasive plant around here. You probably can't kill them even if you try." Then I looked out the window. What had been a fairly good size bush is now just a handful of sticks. "I just never got to a good stopping point," he explained. Not that I'm going to miss that ugly, mean plant (and I hope our downstairs neighbors won't either) but one thing is certain: Scott will not be giving Audrey her first haircut.

1 comment:

Kenneth said...

Oh, just get out the clippers and give her a buzz cut! You'll start a new, world-wide baby fashion phenomenon. :-)

(and I was having trouble getting blogger to recognize my google sign-in, so I may have inadvertently sent this comment about a dozen times.)